Learn the top secrets about retail marketing.
Retail marketing isn’t as big a mystery as some may think. Yes, times are rapidly changing with the new technology available and the incredible increase of mobile devices. What used to work may not be as effective today as it was just a few years ago. To help keep you up to date on the new marketing trends here are four secrets your competitors know about retail marketing and understand.
1. Consumers have gone mobile: Consumers are busy and on the go. Statistics are showing that consumers are doing the majority of their searches and business online using their mobile devices. You should include mobile marketing into your marketing strategy to increase your exposure as well as increase the value of your marketing dollar.
Here are three of the top mobile marketing tools you should be using.
- Mobile website design
- SMS marketing
- Proximity marketing
2. Online marketing is a must: Online dominance is necessary in today’s marketing. Without a strong online presence you are missing out on potentially reaching millions of consumers. It allows you to build a relationship with your customers while showing them that you are the expert they need. Optimizing your online marketing using keywords relevant to your business, while delivering informative and quality content is the key to creating a positive online presence.
Your online strategy should include:
- Email marketing
- Social media marketing
- Content marketing
- Search engine optimization
- Mobile website design
- Video marketing
3. The value of a 12 month marketing calendar: Create a 12 month marketing calendar to take advantage of seasonality and consumer behavior. Setting your marketing plan and budget for the year will help you stay on course to achieving your marketing goals.
4. Know your consumers: Learn who your consumers are and what their habits are. Develop a relationship with them by offering them value. You should ask for and listen to their feedback.
To help you better understand your consumers, here are five questions you should ask.
- What online communities are they gathering in?
- Are they shopping online?
- What are their buying trends?
- What do they need?
- How do they want to be treated?
By incorporating these four strategies into your marketing plan, you will find success with your retail marketing. Consumers want to deal with companies who know them and their habits and know how they want to be treated.
Be sure to subscribe to our e-newsletter so you can get the latest Retail Marketing News. Simply put your name and email address in the light blue box in the upper right part of the page.