A guide to marketing for retail online.
Marketing for retail has changed over the years and continues to evolve as more advances in technology are made. A major part of today’s marketing is centered on the web which allows businesses to reach a larger audience while keeping costs down. When done well the ROI of online marketing can exceed the ROI of traditional marketing.
Here are five of the top online marketing tools:
- SEO Search Engine Optimization Website: All of your online content starting with your website should be search engine optimized. Each page of your site should include relevant keywords for your business and each page should focus on one keyword phrase. Be careful not to over optimize your site or Google will penalize you. Each page of your website should include a call to action indicating exactly what you want the consumer to do. Include a lead capture page with an opt-in on your site for visitors to opt-in to receive other forms of marketing material from you.
- Mobile Marketing: Mobile marketing should be at the top of your marketing plan. Consumers are spending more time on their mobile devices than ever before. Begin your strategy with a mobile friendly website that will make it easier for consumers to view on their smartphones. Add SMS marketing and proximity marketing when you’ve gotten the consent of your customers to receive text messages. Mobile marketing and proximity marketing is very valuable because you are hitting the consumer at the time they are out and about looking for products or services.
- Content Marketing: Content marketing offers a great opportunity to develop a better relationship with your consumers. Blogging has become very popular and offers you the opportunity to stay in front of your market daily and bring valuable, helpful and quality information to them. It allows you to present yourself and your business as an expert, while building better relationships through conversation.
- Social Media Marketing: All of your content marketing should also be posted on social media sites such as Pinterest (if you’ve got images), Facebook, LinkedIn, Google +, Twitter and other social media platforms. It allows you to reach a larger audience and those that like what they read will share it with others. It offers a great opportunity to start conversations with your consumers and gain valuable feedback.
- Email/Newsletter Marketing: Email opening rates are improving, especially on mobile devices. Email campaigns and newsletters are a great way to stay in front of your existing and potential customers. Use the newsletter to offer helpful advice, share new products and other valuable company information to keep your customers informed.
Be sure to subscribe to our e-newsletter so you can get the latest Retail Marketing News. Simply put your name and email address in the light blue box in the upper right part of the page.